Admin – Health and Medical Services
Open Until Filled
of Health Services has 5 primary responsibilities: Providing guidance and leadership to MSOE’s Health Services, providing health
screening, managing acute illness, injury and chronic health problems as well as referring to area clinics. In addition, to provide
educational opportunities to students in the area of preventative health care as it relates to living a long and healthy life. It is
necessary that this individual is able to deliver these services to address the needs of all students, from diverse backgrounds, and
providing information that is unique and relevant to all populations.
Essential Job Functions
healthcare to MSOE students within his/her scope of practice as outlined by applicable state law, licensing, and regulations.
the day to day operations of Health Services in the Wellness Center.
- Serve as the main point of contact in the Wellness Center for
student health needs.
- Perform health assessment, health histories and physical examinations to MSOE students and refer out as
- Collect and maintain health records, using an EMR in compliance with HIPPA and FERPA requirements.
- Manage the Health
and Wellness Specialist.
- Answer health related questions in-person, by phone and email.
- Work collaboratively and in
cooperation with Wellness Center team members involved in the delivery of total patient care.
- Establish and maintain high standards
of practice through involvement in quality improvement activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of preventative
- Serve as the lead to the campus community during health-related campus emergencies.
- Educate students on
counseling and health/insurance information.
- Maintain tracking of international student’s health insurance.
- Work with
the wellness team to coordinate emergency services.
- Support and/or lead educational programming opportunities around health and
- Remain current on health-related laws, trends and best practices regarding college health services.
- Create and
develop community relationships with local healthcare providers/entities by optimizing patient-centered care.
This list of duties
and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary
from time to time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- General office support as needed.
stock of medical supplies.
- Assist and participate in any wellness-related campus events and new student visit
- Master’s degree in Nursing, an NLN or CCNE, NAPNAP accredited program, PNP
- Nurse Practitioner certification required
- Licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin
- Minimum of 3
years of post-graduate clinical work
- Prior experience in a college or university health services strongly preferred
of the American College Health Association (ACHA) preferred
- Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before others. Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral form.
Ability to use numbers to solve problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely sedentary,
the ability to move is required. The employee is occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as other areas on campus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and as well as basic medical supplies and equipment.
statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed
as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Milwaukee School of Engineering
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.